Mooring Lines Management Plan (Port Hedland Specific)
An operational manual to provide guidance and instructions for safe Mooring operations for ships calling at Port Hedland.
Regulatory Reference: IMO, PORT HEDLAND MSB 01/2021
EDITABLE MS WORD
In line with the requirements of the latest Port Hedland Marine Safety Bulletin 01/2021 all ships need to be equipped with a Mooring Lines Management Plan. Scope of the manual is to assist operators to ensure that the mooring lines & systems are inspected, operated and maintained in accordance with port’s requirements. Additionally, BHP, one of the major Companies managing terminals, within Port Hedland issued updated requirement regarding mooring (similar with those included in the MSB 01/2021).
Approval by the Administration or a Recognised Organisation (RO) on behalf of the Administration is NOT mandatory.
Plan will cover BOTH MSB 01/2021 and BHP requirements including, General ship particulars, Mooring lines & equipment, Inspection, maintenance and retirement procedures, end for end policy, Risk management, safety or personnel and human factors.
Example Structure of deliverable manual as follows to cover both requirements:
- MMP – 01: INTRODUCTION
- MMP – 02: MOORING PLANNING
- MMP – 03: RISK MANAGEMENT & SAFETY ISSUES
- MMP – 04: LINE INSPECTION & MAINTENANCE
- MMP – 05: EQUIPMENT INSPECTION & MAINTENANCE
- MMP – 06: POSTERS
- MMP – 07: FORMS
- MMP – 08: COMPLIANCE MATRIX
- Ship Specific Information (Questionnaire to be submitted)
- Master will have a guidance with respect to Mooring System & Lines Management
- Procedures as per vessel specific arrangements
- Detailed instructions and responsibilities
- Updated with latest requirements and legislation
- Easy record keeping
We will Ensure
- Full compliance with national and international regulations and common marine practice
- Real life documentation addressed to senior officers and crew onboard
- Full integration of any client specific requirements
- Full support provided after development in line with our Document Support Policy
EDITABLE MS WORD