As per India Administration, Directorate General of Shipping Order No 5 – 2019, non Indian flagged ships trading in Indian waters, ports or places are subject to restrictions and/or bans of handling Single Use Plastics.
In accordance with the above order a “Ship Execution Plan” should be available on board in order to provide guidance on crew for Single use plastics, and to list such items to inventories.
The following types of inventories should be created regarding Single Use Plastics:
- Initial Inventory (Single Use plastics on board on 31st January 2020)
- 10 % Inventory (these items will be used on board at the end of implementation date)
- Inventory A – 50% of items of initial inventory which will not be used after 1st April 2020
- Inventory B – 75% of items of initial inventory which will not be used after 1st July 2020
- Inventory C – 90% of items of initial inventory which will not be used after 1st October 2020
A Single Use Plastic Log is to be completed by the ship when entering or departing Indian waters, ports or places with an attached list of Single Use Plastics on board.
See also our related products
SQEMARINE can provide guidance and a vessel specific Execution plan based Indian issued Shipping Order 5 – 2019.